To give you a picture of the impact on music in my life and the diversity, know that my special ringtone for my dad is The Bristol Stomp and for my mom it is the William Tell Overture. I dated a drummer in a punk band and later a guitarist and one of my brothers is a drum corps instructor. I've taken belly dance classes and loved going to clubs of all kinds. So you can see, my mental musical file is rather full of all sorts of juicy bits.
Bearing all this in mind, you can see how important it is for me to have just the right music for a particular road trip and since I have no ipod doc in my car and since I cannot haul around every cd I own (or my laptop for that matter), I often make a special mix to bring along because one can more easily sit in traffic if there is a good song playing.
Back in March of this year, some of my closest friends got together to celebrate 4 birthdays in the group that are close together. Much driving was about to ensue so the perfect mix was a requirement. We like a wide range of music styles so this mix was going to be tricky to meet the tastes of the group. I was pretty pleased with the end result - leave a comment and tell me what you think!
Big Birthday Weekend Mix 2013
1. Fast and Beautiful by Dope Stars
2. When You Sleep by My Bloody Valentine
3. All The Things She Said - by t.A.T.u
4. I Remember by Deadmau5 & Kaskade
5. Walk Into the Sun by Dirty Vegas
6. 6 Underground by Sneaker Pimps
7. Bitter Sweet Symphony by The Verve
8. Son's Gonna Rise by Citizen Cope
9. Extraordinary by Liz Phair
10. Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy) by Big & Rich
11. Feva for the Flava by Hot Action Cop
12. Bring the Noise by Public Enemy & Anthrax
13. Blow me One Last Kiss by Pink