Now Michael is setting out on a new adventure - less then 1,000 miles away this time but still..... away from and without those of us who enjoy him the most, especially when there is a road trip involved. I'm excited for him - but at the same time, I feel a great sadness, too, that really can't and shouldn't be explained here.
So why mention it in the first place? Well, because this IS a road trip (even if I can't go along for the ride and I would have done some driving if given enough notice.....) and it IS a adventure and that's what we talk about here! I'm also trying to encourage him to start his own blog about his adventures and perhaps this just might do the trick! So if you want to encourage him to blog about it as well - COMMENT HERE!
1. At least you are not driving to Chicago - we all know there is no parking in Chicago (hug the Shedd & the Adler for me!)
2. Don't eat a full pound of gnocchi - remember Atlantic City?
3. Take your vitamins! You don't want to get to the end of your trip with a nasty cold.....like New Hampshire
4. Since making audio tapes of your adventures would be exceeding weird on a bus, keep a blog! (no room for all those tiny tapes & batteries anyway!) And no - you cannot take a cat with you....... and sit on your own Barney pillow!
5. Limit the Chinese take out - there's never any place to keep the left overs as we learned the multiple times we ordered delivery to hotel rooms!
6. Be flexible - expect the unexpected and always travel with coffee (think Salt Pond Visitors Center hiking trail....)
7. Take lots of photos and share them - we want to be part of your adventure, too!
8. Sun block & sun glasses are always a plus & never turn down a free hot shower!(Delaware Sea Shore State Park)
9. Lastly, keep warm/cool; don't forget to eat and be safe!
And never forget we love you and will miss you very much!